Monday, February 9, 2015

Hi all!
I'm Mackenzie and a second year (ah!) CFT student. My focus has shifted several times over the course of my life, but currently I enjoy most working with teens and adults. I enjoy working with issues surrounding sex and sexuality although do not have as much experience clinically with either as I'd like to have. Other areas of interest relate to substance abuse. I primarily started this program thinking I'd like to work entirely with adults, however my internship has shown me just how much couples issues effect children and how talking about and informing children and young adults about relationships and even sexuality is so important. My work with clients at my internship has taken a unique turn for me and I have happened to get several clients who have concerns related to sexuality. This has been not only challenging but incredibly rewarding work.
I consider myself as being relatively private socially about my own personal relationship, however I'm a relatively private person in a lot of areas of my life. I hope this class pushes me to become more comfortable sharing and discussing my own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment